Father Daughter Relationship After Dad being in jail for 30 years.

  • This is about a dad who is getting out of prison after 30 years.
  • The daughter is trying to get to know her dad.
  • He dad had never seen a cell phone except for in pictures.
  • He went to jail when his daughter was a few months old.
  • He was so curious about why people kept looking at their phones while walking.



This article is a good journalism because you can feel some of the excitement and fear from the woman. "HE KEPT WRITING: THAT I WAS HIS FAVORITE GIRL, I WAS BRILLIANT, AND I WAS THE BEST DAUGHTER ANYONE COULD EVER HOPE FOR. FOR A LONG TIME, THAT WAS ALL I NEEDED. UNTIL, OF COURSE, I NEEDED MORE." It showed how the reactions were different within each family members.  Explained the letters that he wrote to his daughter and it gave really good quotes. Its showed the response of someone who spent a good deal of their life in jail and then seeing how the world changed. “Back then, our relationship wasn’t real. I felt like I knew him, and he felt like he knew me, but really we were both building versions of the other we couldn’t confirm or deny.”  She stated this to have us realize what it was when her dad was in jail and how their relationship wasn't true.



I choose this story because it relates to my life. My dad is in prison right now and when he gets out the world would have changed. This is how I would feel if my dad ever got out. What is interesting about this article is that I felt every emotion that went through the family. I felt sadness, anger,hope and excited. I relate so close to the woman that it just caught my eye and i was caught on the story. It kind of gave me hope that one day I’ll see my dad again. Right now I have very little contact with my dad so I also feel like my relationship with him is fake. But one day I hope that we will have a real relationship. This article and I relate in so many ways that it is crazy.
-Rebeckha Childers

Comments

Popular Posts