Fear- A Poem


FEAR

In a blink of an eye, Fear took me over as pain ran through me
Pain I suffered for years
Pain I tried to grow out of but couldn’t
Pain of being abused and neglected by the ones I loved
Pain that brought on fear
Fear of being moved place to place in hopes of finding a place to live
Fear of the day I went in front of a judge to be brought to my for ever home
Fear the day I lost my best friend
We did everything together from playing fetch to cuddling in bed
The fear of having to fight for my life for seven years
The fear of reliving those seven years
The fear of standing up for friends even when I was bullied
That doesn't matter because I did what friends should do
Fear of the stress that came with it
The pain that was pressed on me
I never thought I would be who I have become
My past made me stronger then ever before

Fear made me realize that no one is perfect

Comments

Popular Posts